I’ve fallen extremely behind on my marathon training and eating posts. It was bound to happen. I’m just not a daily blogger. I also got really sick of recording everything I ate- not just on here, but in my own journal is well. I didn’t know how some people have the patience to do that every day.
Not to worry though. I have been completing every single scheduled run and yoga session. I’ve been sticking to the weight training plan as well, except on really physical days at work, in which case I’ve been giving myself a free pass. The biking, on the other hand, is still not happening in the way that it should. Totally slacking on that front. I blame this horribly hot and humid weather which I despide with every fiber of my being. But, I FINALLY took my bike out for a real outdoor ride this Sunday evening after work even though I really didn’t want to.
- I completed a little over 16 miles.
- I was terribly slow. The amazing speed of my bike still scares me and I find myself cranking it into the harder gears just so I don’t go as fast.
- I fell down in the parking lot before even starting the ride trying to clip in, which I still haven’t mastered. Luckily no one was around to see me bite it.
- I haven’t gotten used to the gear shifters yet either. It confuses me how the front and rear shifters are the reverse of each other (i.e. to move to a harder gear for one wheel you press a button and to make it easier you push a lever, but for the other wheel it is the reverse of that)
- On the bike I feel like I do on skis or a snowboard, which is to say mildly in control as long as no one gets in my way and there isn’t anything funky going on with the ground like a rut or loose gravel.
- My bonehead move of the night was leaving my keys still in the lock of my roof rack after taking my bike down. I was lucky no one stole them or my rack. Lesson SO learned.
Week 3 Wrap-Up
- 21 miles run, 45 minutes biked (on a spin bike)
Week 4 Wrap-Up
- 18 miles run (it was a cut-back recovery week), and only 20 minutes biked
- at the end of four weeks I am down 9 pounds, feeling great, only mild discomfort in my problematic right Achilles, and looking forward to each scheduled run but still dreading the bike